- 1-2 TBSP EVOO
- 1 onion diced
- 1 TBSP fresh grated ginger
- 4-5 cloves of Garlic
- 2-3 tsp fresh turmeric or 1-2 dried or a little of each - I like to use both fresh and dried for the most benefit
- 1/4 tsp each yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tsp each cumin and coriander
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups bone or veggie broth
- Pinch of salt
- 3-4 small strips of astragalus root
- pinch of cayenne (or more to taste)
- Squeeze of Lemon, Lime, or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 oz Soba noodles
- 1 cup cooked chick peas (or chicken or other bean or protein)
- 1-2 cups vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower
- Handful of greens such as kale, spinach, or bok choy
- Optional: Cilantro, scallions, dill, more citrus and a drizzle of olive oil.
Sauté mustard seeds, cumin, and coriander in the olive oil. Add in ginger, turmeric, onion and garlic and sauté briefly.
Add in water, broth, salt, and astragalus root. Bring to a simmer and add a pinch of cayenne and citrus.
Add noodles, chick peas, and sturdier vegetables, boiling noodles right in the soup. When noodles are almost done at leafy greens. Remove from heat.
Add in optional items, I like them all! Cilantro, scallions, dill, and squeeze of lime and a drizzle of olive oil.