- 3/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (roast a pumpkin or squash, scoop our flesh and blend with a hand blender)
- 1 small banana
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 TBSP (up to 3 TBSP) flour of your choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup organic dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup walnuts or pecans
Pegan is Dr. Mark Hyman’s word for combining the Paleo and Vegan diets — clean meats as proposed by the paleo diet and more vegetables as in a vegan diet.
Preheat oven to 350o Use coconut oil to grease a square 8×8 baking dish.
Combine almond butter, pumpkin, banana, syrup and vanilla in a medium bowl and stir well.
Add flour, spices, baking, soda and salt, stir well.
Gently stir in optional nuts and chocolate chips.
Pour into prepared baking dish and smooth the top. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.