- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- shiitake mushrooms
- Herbs (flavoring!) 1-2 tsp each : Coriander seeds, sesame seeds, Kombu flakes. 2-3 anise seed pods, cardamom pods, 1 cinnamon stick, 2 whole cloves, 1" sliced ginger root, 2 bay leaves, 1-2 astragalus root slices
- 1 - 2 qts. Bone Broth or Vegetarian Mineral Broth
- 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup+ Nama Shoyu, coconut aminos, or tamari
- noodles of your choice
- Toppings of choice : bean sprouts, jalapeno slices, cilantro, basil, lime wedges, etc.
Add olive oil or ghee to a large soup pot on medium heat.
Add carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms, and garlic – stir to coat. Simmer 5-10 minutes.
Add coriander seeds, star anise, cardamom pods, cloves, sesame seeds, cinnamon stick, ginger root. Stirring, cook until just fragrant (about a minute).
Add broth, astragalus, kombu flakes, and bay leaves.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1-2 hours. Turn off heat.
Stir in nama shoyu and apple cider vinegar.
When ready to serve, prepare noodles, add to serving bowl, and cover in phở broth.
Add toppings of choice.